Wednesday, August 22, 2018

S as in SORTING THINGS OUT

I am now through the S names in my BIG BREWERS SORT or CREWNEVERSE or whatever the hell I called it project. With the Sheffields, Sexons, Sheetses, and Seguris all tucked away in their new home...





...how cozy... my total stands at 6,375. Let's check that leaderboard...


Laurens – 2,200 

Angels in Order – 4,444
Sportscard Collectors – 4,444
THROUGH S - 6,375
Doug Hoback – 6,500
Mike Matson – 6,700
Gavin – 6,969 (nice)
Bo – 7,676
GCA – 7,955
Trevor P – 8,100
Adam Kaninger – 8,750
EP – 9,009
Nick – 9,219
Rob 792 – 9,482
Jon – 9,700
Fuji – 9,887
Adam Sanders – 10,100
ARPSmith – 11,111
The Lost Collector – 12,224

I have the remaining card sorted by name and ready to input and my guess is that I will end up somewhere around 7,500 to 8,000 for the grand total, which puts Bo, GCA, and Trevor in top contention for the prize... assuming none of them have died of old age while I took my sweet time in counting these cards. 

I ended up having A LOT more dupes than I imagined. Almost 3,500 so far. Yeesh. 

Once I am done with this project, I will be posting a series of TRADE BAIT lots, including making available for set-builders a bunch of the cards I recently acquired in my latest Goodwill mega-find. For those of you who missed it on twitter...




That's just a taste of the THREE 3,500 count boxes I picked up for 4.99 each. So, if you're working on any slightly off-beat sets from the late-90s or early 00s, I might be able to help you out. Or, if you collect a team that is not included in my team collectors group (Orioles, Mariners, Dodgers, Giants, Marlins, O's, Phillies, Rays, etc), I can offer a team lot. Plus there is some other stuff I've had sitting around forever that I'd like to use to spark up some new blog swaps. I am also going to broaden my PCs and update some wantlists on the blog here, so STAY TUNED and we can have some fun.








3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the broadened wantlists so I can hopefully get a proper return package back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I proudly collect the Dodgers. I think I can find a Brewer you don't have despite your impressive count.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Still in the running!

    Will like to see your tradeable sets listings...

    ReplyDelete