Thursday, October 5, 2017

Brewers Auto Round-Tripper Pt. 1

So, I've had a massive TTM return for my All-Time Brewers project recently. I want to share all these sigs with BoS (blog-o-sphere), but I've thought it best to portion them out a few at a time. Four is a nice number, I suppose, one for each station on a baseball diamond. So, in groups of four, I will now begin to present my spoils, in no order whatsoever. 




Chase Anderson put together a great 2017 season despite missing several weeks due to injury. He is one of the prime reasons the Brewers were a contender and finished OH SO CLOSE to a playoff spot. After three season around the league average, Anderson posted a 2.79 ERA and recorded a 3-1 k-to-walk ratio. If him and Jimmy Nelson (once recovered from his own injury) can keep their form for 2018, the Brewers could be a serious threat for the NL flag. I got this via TTM a few weeks ago. I had gotten Chase during Spring Training in 2016 (on a D-Backs card), but still needed a Brewers auto for my collection.


Most Impressive Brewers Stat:160 ERA+ in 2017.


John Briggs is the forgotten Brewers star. He was an offensive force for the team between 1971 and 1975 and was actually the all-time team leader in a number of offensive categories until the early 1980s. He was off to another hot start in 1975, but a payroll dispute led the Brewers to trade him to the Twins for Bobby Darwin. I got this one on eBay, since Briggs is not known to sign TTM. 


Oddly enough, it came with this little note, which mentioned that the seller got the autograph at Briggs’ alma mater. I’ve never had this happen before and it was a nice touch.

Most Impressive Brewers Stat: .845 OPS in 1971.


Darrell “Bucky” Brandon pitched all of 15 innings for the Pilots back during their lone season. He was an expansion draft pick, but was sold to the Twins in July after posting an 8.40 ERA. He broke in with the Red Sox and had a decent rookie season in 1966. He pitched in 39 games the next season, but was not with the team when they played in the World Series against the Cardinals. Poor Bucky also has one of the least-appealing Cards in my Brewers/Pilots collection. Yeesh.

Most Impressive Pilots Stat: Pitched three innings at Fenway on May 17, allowing zero runs. It was the only clean appearance of his Pilots career.


Jesus Aguliar is another current-day Brewers TTM get, and one of my favorite returns from this past year. “Babe” was a killer all year for the Brewers as a bat off the bench and a first base option against left-handed pitchers. Just one of the many great pick-ups of the David Stearns era.

Most Impressive Brewers Stat:16 homers in 311 PAs in 2017.


No comments:

Post a Comment