Friday, September 29, 2017

Getting Organizized


There are days when collecting feels like a burden. Cards pile up like papers in an inbox, trades come in that need to be posted about, wantlists need updating... It can get to feeling more like a chore than like fun. But, since I've really gotten back into this card thing, I've had this idea in my head that all those bad feeling would go away if I could just get organized. Or organzized, as Travis Bickle, one of filmdom's biggest losers, tells Betsey in the coffee shop. 

I've made an effort to devote all of my free time (Jesus, now as I type this, I can only hear the words in DeNiro's voice-over... it's freaking me out, man) to getting things into order so I can relax a bit more. First up are my sets. I've bragged here in the past about getting binders cheap at Goodwill, but I'm off that kick now. I need ORDER and SYMMETRY. So, I splurged a bit and got some quality Ultra-Pro 3-ringers. 


My God, they are beautiful all lined up like that.

And then there's those damn duplicates that I've had to pour over when putting together trades. Well, no more trouble there...


Dupes! By year! In order! Please, if you need anything from those years (74, 80, 81, 88, 89, 00, 01, 11, 13, 14 update, 15, 16, 16 update, 17), please hit me up! It's all Topps baseball base (and that 1974 box is actually football).

But what about everything else? If it ain't Topps base or Brewers, I had no system! It was the wild freaking west! 


Oh my yes, this 3,200 count monster box. See how nicely it fits my assorted cards by team (anyone wanna trade?) and then my Topps base years that are still too slim for want-listing? This soothes me oh so much.

I'm still not done, of course. But I've vowed to put some larger projects off (figuring out my several thousand rando Brewers cards, for example), but I'm in a better place. I know what I need and I can more easily find what others need. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go shave my hair into a mohawk.

3 comments:

  1. Organizing is half the battle when it comes to collecting. Bet it felt good getting everything together and set up like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those binders are a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete