Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Back from Out West

I went to a wedding this weekend. My wife’s cousin, who lives in Hollywood, got married in a place called Pioneer Town, up in a mountain out in the desert. It was a beautiful venue, made all the more so because there was no cell phone reception. It was great to get away from things for a night and for the other parts of the weekend that were without email, twitter, and all of those other little tumors that I’ve become addicted to having.

Pioneer Town, CA

It was my first trip to California, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Traffic leaving LA at 4 pm on Friday night was sheer hell, but well worth it in the long run. On Sunday, we hiked a bit in Joshua Tree National Park, climbed around on some rocks, and genuinely had an amazing time.


But, as all trips do, this one had to end. It was another full day of travel back to Milwaukee. And, since me and my babe roll in style, we had this lovely breakfast combination on our return flight…


Damn yeah, we did. On a related note, I am a very uneasy flyer and the three-ish glasses of wine at 9 am actually helped out quite a bit.

TWENTY TTM returns were waiting for me when I got back!

Of course, returning home also meant returning to cell coverage, which brought along all sorts of distractions and responsibilities. I have a stack of cards to sort though, a bunch of trades to post about, a MILLION new Brewers autos to talk about, and boxes of cards to sort out. I’m trying to get my entire collection sorted into monster boxes or binders. This is not a HUGE undertaking, as I only own a few thousand cards not already in binders, but it still takes time. I plan to do most of this week while watching the Brewers try to miracle their way into the postseason. And once I am all set up, I plan to run through some wantlists of fellow bloggers to see what I’ve got for them.

And speaking of getting the best use of their collection…


Here is how little Mavis had her cage set up when we got back home, with her only two cards firmly in place to protect the entrance to her tissue box. Have you EVER seen a Greg Swindell and a Milt Thompson put to better use?

Till next time, everybody…


...drifting along with the tumbling tumble weeds...





No comments:

Post a Comment