Tuesday, February 6, 2018

My Favorite Card of 2018... A Cute Butt Memorial

This past weekend, my wife's mother passed away. She was a wonderful woman, kind and funny with a huge personality. She had been sick for a while, but about two weeks ago, things took a bad turn and we ended up where we are now. 

She wasn't really a baseball fan, but enjoyed it as a kind of background noise. She despised football and could not stand the sneaker squeaking of basketball, but baseball was OK by her. She even had a favorite player - former Brewer Scooter Gennett. It was, my wife told me, because he had a "cute butt."

As it happened, the day after she passed was the day I got my box of 2018 Topps in the mail. It was a nice distraction to have something to do in the midst of all of this. And then, a few packs into the box, I found this...


... and it made me smile. Although, I'm sure Nancy would have preferred an angle from the opposite side. Rest in peace, Nan. We miss you already.

6 comments:

  1. Very sorry for yours and your family's loss, Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss, Matt. Glad to hear that the 2018 Topps box provided at least a little comfort in what is obviously a sad time for your family. Baseball cards can be a powerful grieving tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss. That card is a great keepsake though.

    ReplyDelete