Saturday, March 17, 2018

How Large is My Crew-neverse? A Contest!

I've been a bit off the blog grid recently, for various reasons. So, I wanted to take a moment to reengage by working my latest project into a GRAND AWESOME and STUPENDOUS contest... I call it the "How Large is my Crew-neverse?" contest!

At the moment, I am in the midst of my Big Brewers Sort - organizing ALL of my Brewers cards by player and entering the results into the Trading Card Database. I have made it through my A and B players so far, which has yielded 932 different Brewers cards. 

UPDATE - I should say that this number also includes those stupid 2009 UD Documentary cards, which I entered all at once. 

The contest is simple... guess how many different Brewers cards I will end up with once I am all done with the big sort. To give you a general idea of what I am working with...

Here is monster box number 1. You can see the remnants of my previous Brewers sort in here.


And monster box number 2. This one has the start of my new sort.


And this box...


...which contains C and D players I am in the midst of sorting. 

And my All-Time Brewers binder...


...can't forget these! (I should also mentioned that this does include Pilots cards)

Now, some of these cards will undoubtedly be duplicates. Those I set aside and do not count. I also posted recently about my confusion over whether or not to count certain cards as Brewers. I am still working on that, but there are so few instances of these cards I don't think it would really affect anyone's guess. I am ONLY counting what is seen in these images towards the final tally, however (for purposes of this contest, anyway). So if someone sends me a pair of 500 ct boxes next week, those will be set aside for right now. 

So make your guess! The nearest to the final total wins. The prize package is yet to be determined, but I have some ideas of what I am going to include and will be dropping some previews of the final haul as I complete the sort. I am also thinking of holding off on a "centerpiece" item for the package until we have a winner and try to tailor the big prize to whomever happens to guess closest. But this will be a pretty sweet package overall.

I am going to get crazy and give people til the end the day (central time) on March 27, the last day before the regular season starts April 3rd, to enter a guess. I will be posting updates as I make my way through the letters on twitter (@mjpmke) if you want to follow along. I imagine the sort will take me probably another month to complete and once I get all the entries I'll do some kind of leaderboard post so everyone can follow along.

Comment on THIS post to enter your guess! And good luck!

18 comments: